Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why Be Normal? Time to Rant a Bit.

Recently, I saw a post on Facebook that stated people get mad when they see other people who look better than them. I thought for a second, and it seemed to not be true. That was until I really stopped and thought about it. People always give me positive feedback on how I look. It's not too often I hear someone say, "You look like crap," or "What happened to you? Do you have some medical issue?" But it's another story to hear what people say when you walk away. I've heard it many times: "Oh my god, she is so fat!" or "Wow! He is a shadow of his former self." Why would someone say something nice to someone and then cut them down the next second? Well, it could just be that all the hard work you put into your health and looking good makes them feel bad.

They say things like, "Oh, I could never do that." Or the whole MODERATION thing comes up. But the fact is, people pay money to watch movies with people who look good, read magazines with people who look good, and even praise celebs for how good they look. This is all considered normal. Until they find out how people who look good live their lives.

Yes, it's true! People in hollywood EAT RIGHT, go to THE GYM, and they train hard! It isn't this little crappy PLANET FITNESS gym where you can't grunt! Look at celebs like Hugh Jackman, Britney Spears, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Biel, and many others who have had their pictures taken outside a gym after a workout. They are usually covered in sweat and are wearing some non-flattering gym clothes cuz they just busted ass in there! That's NORMAL! For celebs, bodybuilders, and anyone who doesn't want to look and feel like crap.

This is the excuse many women use to not live the healthy lifestyle! They claim if they push it too hard they will look like this, so they don't hit the gym hard nor eat the right healthy foods they need!
Most NORMAL people may or not get to the gym; it doesn't really matter. They don't want to PUSH it too hard cuz they don't want to have ungodly HUGE muscles. They still go to fast food places and make poor decisions about food choice and then rationalize it with "WELL, I WORKED OUT TODAY!" Or the best one is : "I'm just a big person!" NO, you have a small five foot, two-inch skeleton covered with huge mounds of fat, which make you BIG! If you have little six inch wrists when you measure them ... YOU'RE NOT BIG; YOU'RE FAT!

This is the result of  a healthy lifestyle, making the right food choices and training hard looks like! Now what's the excuse?
This is what is NORMAL to most people. They think people like me are crazy and we live some kind of new age, far out lifestyle! Broken down, look at how healthy America is by stats! Now, let's take a poll of only the people who follow an actual healthy lifestyle and then let's compare which one seems like it SHOULD be normal and which one SHOULDN'T!

I'm not writing this to cut anyone down; I'm writing to open people's eyes as to what is really going on and what NORMAL really is. Not what NORMAL is perceived in this day and age in America. I really don't want to be normal and most people don't understand that!

I'm going to close with the Facebook quote that got this all rolling:

While you start every day with coffee and a cigarette, I start mine with an hour of cardio. While you're going through the "dollar menu" drive- through for lunch, I'm busting my ass with the weights. While you're at the bar chugging a half keg of beer with the boys, I'm packing my meals for the next day. So please don't be mad at ME because I look better than you, while you mumble some "steroid" comment to your girlfriend who hasn't stopped staring at me since I walked in the room... Just sayin.

-Dave Pulcinella


 
This is what hard training and eating right gets you! Kari and in Miami.

1 comment:

  1. I love this rant, Jerry! I rant about my anger with people stating that it isn't normal a LOT! And I HATE the moderation trip I get all the time. I genuinely believe that people use that or the "I'm just big" as a cop out for feeling like they can't ask for help. Or stating that eating healthy is too expensive: cop out. And I'm NOT just saying! :)

    ReplyDelete